This is an analysis of the poem The Venetian Gondolier that begins with:
Here rest the weary oar! -- soft airs
Breathe out in the o'erarching sky;... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abab aaaa acac dede abaf aaaa gbgf
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,4,4,4,4,4,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: limerick
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 11010111 110010001 111101001 01010101 10110101 11010011 11011111 01010101 1100101101 1111011001 1101011 01010101 11010101 111010001 11010101 00111111 11010111 10110001 10010101 01000100 11110111 01010011 11010111 11010101 01100111 01010111 11010111 01100100
- Amount of stanzas: 7
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 145
- Average number of words per stanza: 25
- Amount of lines: 28
- Average number of symbols per line: 36 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
There are many exclamation marks in the poem. The speaker is excited. He or she has strong feelings on the subject that is described in the poem.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; her is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of The Venetian Gondolier;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- Analysis of Delia. (Birds Of Passage. Flight The Fifth)
- Analysis of In The Harbour: To The Avon
- Analysis of Castles In Spain. (Birds Of Passage. Flight The Fifth)