This is an analysis of the poem The Luck Of Edenhall. From The German Of Uhland that begins with:
Of Edenhall, the youthful Lord
Bids sound the festal trumpet's call. ... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: ababX cXcbX dXdbX ebeebX XXXbX ababX ebebX ebebX ababX cbcbX ababX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 5,5,5,6,5,5,5,5,5,5,5,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: rondeau rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 01000101 11010101 11010101 1110101001 111010100 01010101 01010100 110010101 01010101 110010100 11011101 10110100 0100100101 01011101 010010100 11011101 11010101 10110101 1100 00111 111110100 110100110 001010100 11111100 110010101 110010100 11011111 100100100 110100101 1101110101 010010100 101010101 010100101 011010101 110010111 011010100 101010101 10010101 11010111 01011101 001010100 010101011 10011101 110110101 110010101 01010100 10100101001 01000101 11011100 11001011 010010100 111111101 11010101 1001111 010110101 111010100
- Amount of stanzas: 11
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 190
- Average number of words per stanza: 34
- Amount of lines: 57
- Average number of symbols per line: 36 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 7
Mood of the speaker:
There are many exclamation marks in the poem. The speaker is excited. He or she has strong feelings on the subject that is described in the poem.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; of, and, like, in, fall are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same words the, then, he are repeated.
The author used the same word then at the beginnings of some neighboring stanzas. The figure of speech is a kind of anaphora.
The poet repeated the same word edenhall at the end of some neighboring stanzas. The poetic device is a kind of epiphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in it:
- summary of The Luck Of Edenhall. From The German Of Uhland;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.