This is an analysis of the poem Santa Filomena. (Birds Of Passage. Flight The First) that begins with:
Whene'er a noble deed is wrought,
Whene'er is spoken a noble thought,... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aabb bbbb bbXX ccdd eebb fghh iibb gfaa jjaa cccc kkkk
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,4,4,4,4,4,4,4,4,4,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: couplets
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 100010101 1000100101 110101 010101 01010101 00110101 111101 101101 10011111 11101101 111101 110101 11111111 00110001 010111 011101 01000101 01011001 010100 011101 10110100 01000111 1101001 110101 11100101 010100101 011101 0101001 100101010 10111100 010111 011111 11010101 01000111 110111 010001 01000111 001100001 010100 010101 11010101 01010101 010101 110101
- Amount of stanzas: 11
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 117
- Average number of words per stanza: 22
- Amount of lines: 44
- Average number of symbols per line: 29 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; and is repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same words whene'er, the, and are repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in it:
- summary of Santa Filomena. (Birds Of Passage. Flight The First);
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.