This is an analysis of the poem It Is Not Always May that begins with:
No hay pajaros en los nidos de antano.
Spanish Proverb... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XX abab cdcd cecE fefe gdgd hehE
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 2,4,4,4,4,4,4,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: ballad stanza
- Metre: 1110011100100 1010 01010101 01010111 10010111 01110001 11110101 01111001 11010111 01011101 11110101 11011101 110010101 11110111 11010111 01001101 110011001 01010001 10110101 01110011 01010011 11001111 010010111 01010101 11011101 11110111
- Amount of stanzas: 7
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 139
- Average number of words per stanza: 25
- Amount of lines: 26
- Average number of symbols per line: 37 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 7
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of It Is Not Always May;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.