This is an analysis of the poem Hymn Of The Moravian Nuns Of Bethlehem At The Consecration Of Pulaski's Banner that begins with:
When the dying flame of day
Through the chancel shot its ray,... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aabbccddee ffeegghh iiaajjkk llmmgXbb XdllaXXbb
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 10,8,8,8,9,
- Closest metre: trochaic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: couplets
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 1010101 1010101 10100101 1110101 1010101 1010101 01010101 1010101 101111101 11001010010 10110101 10100011 1010101 1010011 1010101 0010111 1010101 10111001 10110101 010101001 1011111 1010101 00111010 00101010 0010111 0110111 10110111 1010101 00101001 1111101 1111101 1010110 1111111 1111101 101101010 1110101 1010111 0010101 1010110 10111110 010011101 101010111
- Amount of stanzas: 6
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 258
- Average number of words per stanza: 42
- Amount of lines: 42
- Average number of symbols per line: 36 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
There are many exclamation marks in the poem. The speaker is excited. He or she has strong feelings on the subject that is described in the poem.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; by is repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same words guard, in, by, spare are repeated.
The author used the same word take at the beginnings of some neighboring stanzas. The figure of speech is a kind of anaphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in it:
- summary of Hymn Of The Moravian Nuns Of Bethlehem At The Consecration Of Pulaski's Banner;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.