This is an analysis of the poem Fata Morgana that begins with:
O sweet illusions of song
That tempt me everywhere,... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abab cdcd efef cgcg aeaeXfbfb
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,4,4,9,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 1101001 111101 00101101 0010101 101111001 1111111 11011111 0100101 10101001 0101101 1100101 1010111 110101 110101 1101111 110101 111011001 10100111 0101001 00100101 11111001 0110101 001111011 10100101
- Amount of stanzas: 6
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 127
- Average number of words per stanza: 22
- Amount of lines: 24
- Average number of symbols per line: 31 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 5
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; and is repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word i is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Fata Morgana;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.