This is an analysis of the poem Day Is Done, The that begins with:
The day is done, and the darkness
Falls from the wings of Night,... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abXb Xbcb deXe fcdc gfXf hbib bbib ighg bjej fabaXhcgc
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,4,4,4,4,4,4,4,9,
- Closest metre: trochaic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: rima
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 01011010 100101 101001010 0110001 11010010 1101101 10100101101 1111001 010010110 1010101 10101010 10101001 1101110 1101111 11101010 1100101 1001110 100101 1101110 1010001 11101010 110101 11011010 1011111 10110010 111001 110001010 1100111 1111010 110101 11001010 0100100 11110010 010101 11101010 110101 11001010 010011 110010010 010011 101101010 10110101 11111010 11100101
- Amount of stanzas: 11
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 130
- Average number of words per stanza: 23
- Amount of lines: 44
- Average number of symbols per line: 32 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; from, of, and are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same words not, and are repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in it:
- summary of Day Is Done, The;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.