This is an analysis of the poem Autumn that begins with:
Thou comest, Autumn, heralded by the rain,
With banners, by great gales incessant fanned,... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abXaabbabcbcbc
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 14,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: limerick
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: sonnet with iambic pentameter or irregular meter
- Metre: 11010100101 0101110101 1011010100 1101010011 11010100101 0111011101 01010001001 1001111101 11001101010 110101010101 11110101010 1101110101 110010101010 110001100101
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 656
- Average number of words per stanza: 101
- Amount of lines: 14
- Average number of symbols per line: 46 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 7
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; thy is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in it:
- summary of Autumn;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.