This is an analysis of the poem Afternoon In February that begins with:
The day is ending,
The night is descending;... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aabc dddc XdXb dddb Xade aXbe
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,4,4,4,4,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: enclosed rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 01010 010010 01010 0101 11110 01110 11010 1101 011000 01010 1110 011001 11011 11011 1010 01001 01010 110010 01101 00101 11110 110100 11001 101001
- Amount of stanzas: 6
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 80
- Average number of words per stanza: 14
- Amount of lines: 24
- Average number of symbols per line: 19 (very short strings)
- Average number of words per line: 3
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in it:
- summary of Afternoon In February;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.