This is an analysis of the poem Aftermath that begins with:
When the summer fields are mown,
When the birds are fledged and flown, ... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XXabbbaccdcccd
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 14,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: rima
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: sonnet with iambic tetrameter or irregular meter
- Metre: 1010111 1011111 1011101 0010001 0010001 1010111 11000101 10111010 0010001 1010101 1010101 1010111 1010101 0010101
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 502
- Average number of words per stanza: 84
- Amount of lines: 14
- Average number of symbols per line: 35 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in it:
- summary of Aftermath;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.