This is an analysis of the poem A Song Of Savoy that begins with:
As the dim twilight shrouds
The mountain's purple crest,... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: ababcC dadaee afafgg bhbhiX cbcbffXfificC
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 6,6,6,6,13,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: rima
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 101111 010101 11011101 110001 11110101 11010101 100101 110101 01010101 010101 10111101 11010101 010101 0100101 11010101 110101 10110101 11001101 110111 111101 11111111 111111 11011111 10011101 111111 010111 11010111 111101 11110111 01110101 111101 110101 11010101 110101 11010101 11010101
- Amount of stanzas: 6
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 186
- Average number of words per stanza: 34
- Amount of lines: 36
- Average number of symbols per line: 30 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
There are many exclamation marks in the poem. The speaker is excited. He or she has strong feelings on the subject that is described in the poem.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of A Song Of Savoy;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.