This is an analysis of the poem Though Some Saith That Youth Ruleth Me that begins with:
1 Though some saith that youth ruleth me,
2 I trust in age to tarry. ... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abbba abaaa cbcba XbXba
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 5,5,5,5,
- Closest metre: trochaic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: limerick
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 111111101 11101010 111111110 100111010 111111101 11111110 111011110 111110101 101010111 111111101 111011101 111111010 111111111 111111010 111111101 111011111 111011110 111011111 111010110 111111101
- Amount of stanzas: 4
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 208
- Average number of words per stanza: 39
- Amount of lines: 20
- Average number of symbols per line: 41 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 8
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; i is repeated.
The poet repeated the same word me at the end of some neighboring stanzas. The poetic device is a kind of epiphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Though Some Saith That Youth Ruleth Me;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Henry VIII, King of England
- Analysis of Though That Men Do Call It Dotage
- Analysis of Alac, Alac, What Shall I Do
- Analysis of The Tyme Of Youthe