This is an analysis of the poem Ameria's Welcome Home that begins with:
Oh, gallantly they fared forth in khaki and in blue,
America's crusading host of warriors bold and true; ... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aabb ccbB ddee cXff gghh iibB
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,4,4,4,4,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: couplets
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: heroic couplets
- Metre: 1100111010101 010001010100111 11010101011110 11110101010011 101011101010011 11110101111100 01100110010101 101010111010101 1111011111101 11010100010101 01010101010101 01010101110001 1111011010101 10001101010111 11110100110101 110010111010001 11010101110001 11011101010011 010111011100101 110101111010001 101011101111101 01010101010001 11010111010101 101010111010101
- Amount of stanzas: 6
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 234
- Average number of words per stanza: 44
- Amount of lines: 24
- Average number of symbols per line: 58 (very long strings)
- Average number of words per line: 11
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; in, and, home, again, of are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word the is repeated.
The author used the same word oh at the beginnings of some neighboring stanzas. The figure of speech is a kind of anaphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Ameria's Welcome Home;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.