This is an analysis of the poem A Home Song that begins with:
I read within a poet's book
A word that starred the page:... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aXaX Xbcb cdbd
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,4,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: ballad stanza
- Metre: 11010101 011101 101110101 11010100 11011101 1110011 11011101 110101 110011101 110001 01011111 110111
- Amount of stanzas: 3
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 128
- Average number of words per stanza: 24
- Amount of lines: 12
- Average number of symbols per line: 31 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; home is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of A Home Song;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.