This is an analysis of the poem Dumb Love that begins with:
How do I love you then?
Till stone unfold his nature, and...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abcXb abcbbXabcbb
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 5,11,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: rondeau rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: rondeau
- Metre: 111111 11010101 1001010 11111000 10101 111111 10111101 1111010 1101010 10001 110111 10111001 100111 110101 110101
- Amount of stanzas: 3
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 139
- Average number of words per stanza: 26
- Amount of lines: 15
- Average number of symbols per line: 27 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 5
Mood of the speaker:
The speaker asks many questions. Perhaps, he or she is in confusion.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Dumb Love;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.