This is an analysis of the poem The Procession that begins with:
The legislators pass along
A solemn, self-important throng!... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aabbcc ddeX ffgghh iiddebcXdd jjddaaee
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 6,4,6,10,8,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: couplets
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 01010101 01010101 1100101 11010101 11000111 110011101 1101111 01110001 01010101 11110111 01010101 11010011 10110001 01010101 11011101 11010111 10010101 11010101 11010111 10110001 110101001 01010001 11011110 01011100 01110101 01010001 01011101 11011101 11001101 11000101 01011111 11010101 11010101 110100010
- Amount of stanzas: 5
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 231
- Average number of words per stanza: 41
- Amount of lines: 34
- Average number of symbols per line: 33 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of The Procession;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.