This is an analysis of the poem The Ix Ode To Horace that begins with:
While I was pleasing to your arms,... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: a bbcc d eeff a gghh d bbii a jjff d kkbbii
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 1,4,1,4,1,4,1,4,1,4,1,6,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: couplets
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 10 11110011 110101001 11010101 1101111 100 11110111 110011101 11111111 1111101 10 11010101 01010111 11110101 01010001 100 1111001 110101010 11111101 01110101 10 11011111 01111001 1111111 111100101 100 11010101 01010001 11111101 11011101 11011101 01110111
- Amount of stanzas: 12
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 79
- Average number of words per stanza: 15
- Amount of lines: 37
- Average number of symbols per line: 25 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 5
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of The Ix Ode To Horace;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.