This is an analysis of the poem To A Cabbage Rose that begins with:
Thy clustering leaves are steeped in splendour;
No evening red, no morning dun, ... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: Xaba cdcd efef aXaX dddd caca gaga chch ebXb
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,4,4,4,4,4,4,4,
- Closest metre: trochaic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 1100111010 11011101 110111110 11110001 110101010 11110111 110101110 11011101 110011110 110111001 111100010 11011101 110111010 110011001 010111010 11100000100 111111010 100101001 111111010 11110011 110011010 10010111 010101010 11010001 011101010 110100111 10000110 11010001 110101010 11110111 101101010 110011101 110101110 110001010 110011010 100101010
- Amount of stanzas: 9
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 185
- Average number of words per stanza: 25
- Amount of lines: 36
- Average number of symbols per line: 46 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; of, thy are repeated.
The author used the same word what at the beginnings of some neighboring stanzas. The figure of speech is a kind of anaphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of To A Cabbage Rose;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.