This is an analysis of the poem The Peace Maker that begins with:
It has a “point” of neither sex
But comes in guise of both,... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abaXcb XdXded fgfghh fafafa daiXei jckcjc heiede kfefif cldlel dmdmdm
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 6,6,6,6,6,6,6,6,6,6,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: ballad stanza
- Metre: 01010101 110101 11010010 000101 01000111 010011 11010111 110101 01110100 011101 110100101 0100101 01010111 011100 11011111 111100 11010101 110101 11011001 111101 11011101 011101 11010101 011101 11110101 111101 11111111 111111 11000111 011101 11010111 110111 01011101 110101 11010101 101001 11011101 111101 11011101 111101 01010111 101111 11011111 111111 11110101 110111 11010101 101101 11010111 110111 11011100 011111 11011111 111101 11100101 110101 11010111 111111 11011001 110011
- Amount of stanzas: 10
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 188
- Average number of words per stanza: 37
- Amount of lines: 61
- Average number of symbols per line: 30 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; and is repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same words a, the, from, for, and, he are repeated.
The author used the same words there, and at the beginnings of some neighboring stanzas. The figure of speech is a kind of anaphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of The Peace Maker;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.