This is an analysis of the poem The First Dingo that begins with:
The kangaroo was formed to run,
but not from man alone -... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aaaaXaba bcXcbdXd bebebbbb
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 8,8,8,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: limerick
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 01011101 110101 01010111 110111 011111000 1101001 01111010 111101 010101001 110111 11111101 110111 11011111 111111 11111001 110101 11010101 010001 01010101 110101 11010101 110101 01011101 010101
- Amount of stanzas: 3
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 255
- Average number of words per stanza: 44
- Amount of lines: 24
- Average number of symbols per line: 31 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of The First Dingo;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.