This is an analysis of the poem Said The Kaiser To The Spy that begins with:
“Now tell me what can England do?”
Said the Kaiser to the Spy.... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: ABXbccXcdedeefaf ABgbafff hdhddfff ABXbXcgc aBbbXaaa aBabbbXab
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 16,8,8,8,8,9,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: ballad stanza
- Metre: 11111101 1010001 11111100 110111 01010001 010101 11110101 010101 01010101 010001 01011101 111101 11010101 1100101 110010101 110111 11111101 1010001 11110101 100101 01001101 110111 11110101 110101 01010101 011111 11110001 011101 11010001 110001 01010101 111101 11111101 1010001 01111000 111101 11010110 110101 01010101 010101 11111101 1010001 11110101 110011 11010101 010101 11010101 110101 11111101 1010001 11110001 111111 1010111001 1010111 01001101 1010111
- Amount of stanzas: 7
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 245
- Average number of words per stanza: 48
- Amount of lines: 56
- Average number of symbols per line: 30 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; and is repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same words her, and are repeated.
The author used the same word now at the beginnings of some neighboring stanzas. The figure of speech is a kind of anaphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Said The Kaiser To The Spy;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.