This is an analysis of the poem On The Wallaby that begins with:
Now the tent poles are rotting, the camp fires are dead,
And the possums may gambol in trees overhead; ... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aaaabb ccddee bbffgg hhccXX ffffii eejjjj
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 6,6,6,6,6,6,
- Closest metre: trochaic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: couplets
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 1011110011011 101011001101 111011011101 101011011001 111101001011 111101101001 0011111001011 001101011101 001111101111 101011111011 110011110001 101001001011 111001011011 101101011001 111001101111 1111001101001 101001111111 11011101111 111011111011 101011011101 101101001001 11011111001 111101011101 111101001101 101001001011 111001101001 101111001101 1111011111011 101011001011 101001101011 101001101010 001011001011 1010110001001 111001101011 101101011011 111011011001
- Amount of stanzas: 6
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 305
- Average number of words per stanza: 62
- Amount of lines: 36
- Average number of symbols per line: 50 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 10
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; and, my, for, of, i, in, his, he are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same words and, he are repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of On The Wallaby;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.