This is an analysis of the poem Fall In, My Men, Fall In that begins with:
The short hour's halt is ended,
The red gone from the west,... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: ababacaC dededcdC dadafcfC XgfgcccC hChchchc
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 8,8,8,8,8,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 01101010 011001 0101010 1011101 1111010 011111 1101010 101110 1101010 110111 01100010 110001 1111010 110111 1101010 101110 1011010 010101 1101110 110111 1111110 1101111 0100010 101110 1111110 110111 0101111 011111 1111110 0111001 0111110 101110 0111010 101110 1101110 111111 1101110 010101 1111110 111111
- Amount of stanzas: 5
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 234
- Average number of words per stanza: 43
- Amount of lines: 40
- Average number of symbols per line: 28 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 5
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; in, and are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same words the, each, a are repeated.
The poet repeated the same word in at the end of some neighboring stanzas. The poetic device is a kind of epiphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Fall In, My Men, Fall In;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.