This is an analysis of the poem Cherry- Tree Inn that begins with:
The rafters are open to sun, moon, and star,
Thistles and nettles grow high in the bar -- ... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aabbcc ddeecc ddffcc gghhcc iicccc jjbbcc
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 6,6,6,6,6,6,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: couplets
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: heroic couplets
- Metre: 01011001111 1011011001 0101100011011 111001001001 01011001011 101111001011 101001101101 101001011101 01101101001 101111101011 11011101001 01101001011 11011111001 001001011001 11001011101 101011010001 101011011011 11001011011 111111001010 001111001101 111001011011 110010111101 11011011001 11101001011 11101111101 11011001011 111001111011 111001111001 11001001011 111001001011 00111001001 111111001001 11101001101 11001001101 11101001001 11001001011
- Amount of stanzas: 7
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 257
- Average number of words per stanza: 48
- Amount of lines: 37
- Average number of symbols per line: 48 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 9
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; and, you are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same words and, he are repeated.
The poet repeated the same word inn at the end of some neighboring stanzas. The poetic device is a kind of epiphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Cherry- Tree Inn;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.