This is an analysis of the poem Australian Bards And Bush Reviewers that begins with:
While you use your best endeavour to immortalise in verse
The gambling and the drink which are your country's greatest curse, ... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aabb aacc ddee ffgg
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,4,4,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: couplets
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: heroic couplets
- Metre: 111110100100001 010010111110101 11101010110101 1010101010100011 011010101011111 101010101110111 011010101010101 101000101010101 011110101011111 1011101011100111 0010010101010101 111000101010101 101111101010101 111010101111011 101010101010101 11010101110101
- Amount of stanzas: 4
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 252
- Average number of words per stanza: 44
- Amount of lines: 16
- Average number of symbols per line: 63 (very long strings)
- Average number of words per line: 11
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; and, you are repeated.
The author used the same word if at the beginnings of some neighboring stanzas. The figure of speech is a kind of anaphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Australian Bards And Bush Reviewers;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.