This is an analysis of the poem Above Eurunderee that begins with:
There are scenes in the distance where beauty is not,
On the desolate flats where gaunt appletrees rot.... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aabbcc ddeeff ggaahh cciiff eejjff
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 6,6,6,6,6,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: couplets
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: heroic couplets
- Metre: 111001011001 101001111001 101011101001 001101001011 111101101011 11001101001 111011001111 001101101101 10101111001 1001011101101 101101101001 00110101001 101101011101 101011001101 111001001111 111101011001 101101001001 101001101101 111010111001 101001011101 101001001111 101101101101 101101101101 00101111001 111111101111 10100111101 111011111011 111011001001 100101101011 10101101001
- Amount of stanzas: 5
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 313
- Average number of words per stanza: 60
- Amount of lines: 30
- Average number of symbols per line: 51 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 10
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; where, and, of, i are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word and is repeated.
The poet repeated the same word creek at the end of some neighboring stanzas. The poetic device is a kind of epiphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Above Eurunderee;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.