This is an analysis of the poem An Elegy Occasioned By The Losse Of The Most Incomparable Lady Stanhope, Daughter To The Earl Of Northumberland that begins with:
Lightned by that dimme Torch our sorrow bears
We sadly trace thy Coffin with our tears; ... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aabbXXbbccddeeffbbgghhiXXjhhXXggkkddllXfjjaaii
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 46,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: couplets
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: heroic couplets
- Metre: 1011111101 1101110011 1101000111 1111000111 11110001011 11001110010 1111001111 0101110111 1100010001 1011010011 1111110101 0101010101 1101001101 1110111101 1101010101 0001111101 1011111101 0111110101 0111010101 1111111101 1101010101 01011110101 1111111111 111011010 0111010011 1001010101 1111010111 1101011101 0111110110 1001010111 11010010101 0111010101 1110001101 1101010001 0111111101 1011011111 1101010111 1101010111 1101010110 0101010101 1111010011 0101110111 1111001101 11001111101 0111011101 0101011101
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 2020
- Average number of words per stanza: 355
- Amount of lines: 46
- Average number of symbols per line: 43 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 8
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; thy, and are repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of An Elegy Occasioned By The Losse Of The Most Incomparable Lady Stanhope, Daughter To The Earl Of Northumberland;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.