This is an analysis of the poem The Warrigal that begins with:
The warrigal's lair is pent in bare,
Black rocks at the gorge's mouth; ... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aXbXcded bdfdghch cdbdehbh ibdbXaia fgdgbjbj bkkkihch
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 8,8,8,8,8,8,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: shakespearean sonnet
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 010010101 1110101 001011101 00100111 11011101 011111 010100111 10100101 11010111 100111 1100111001 01001001 011110101 1100111 10100111011 00111001 001010111 10101001 110011111 1100101 110110101 0110111 010011111 1100101 101010101 011111 11011101 10100101 11111111 10100101 011111001 11101001 011110101 101001001 110010111 0111011 110011101 010001001 0100100101 10100111 1101010101 1100101 1001100111 1111011 0111101001 1111001 101110101 10111011
- Amount of stanzas: 6
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 305
- Average number of words per stanza: 56
- Amount of lines: 48
- Average number of symbols per line: 37 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 7
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; of, and are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same words the, and, he are repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of The Warrigal;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.