This is an analysis of the poem The Snow-Drop that begins with:
Hail earliest of the opening flowers!
Fair Harbinger of vernal hours!... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aabbbbaaccddeeffggaabbdd
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 24,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: couplets
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 11000010010 110001010 11011101 11010101 10110101 11010101 11110101 100010101 110100101 01010001 11110101 101100101 11110101 11010101 10110101 10000111 01010101 10010101 1101101 11010101 11010101 01010101 11010101 110100111
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 828
- Average number of words per stanza: 140
- Amount of lines: 24
- Average number of symbols per line: 34 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of The Snow-Drop;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Henry James Pye
- Analysis of The Thirteenth Olympic Ode Of Pindar
- Analysis of The Vine
- Analysis of The War-Elegies Of Tyrtæus, Imitated: Elegy Ii.