This is an analysis of the poem Dedication: Sent With The Second Edition Of The Poem To His Majesty The King Of Prussia that begins with:
Imperial Bard! if while my humble strain
Thy precepts sung to Albion's warlike train,... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aabbccddeeffXd
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 14,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: couplets
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: sonnet with iambic pentameter or irregular meter
- Metre: 01001011101 1111010111 0101010101 11001110101 0100110101 11010001101 1101010101 0101001001 111101101 0101010111 1100110111 0101001001 010100111000 0101001101
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 598
- Average number of words per stanza: 99
- Amount of lines: 14
- Average number of symbols per line: 42 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 7
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Dedication: Sent With The Second Edition Of The Poem To His Majesty The King Of Prussia;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Henry James Pye
- Analysis of The War-Elegies Of Tyrtæus, Imitated: Elegy Iv.
- Analysis of Written On A Lady’s Fan
- Analysis of Song: Fair Delia While Each Sighing Swain