This is an analysis of the poem Game Called that begins with:
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: a Bcdaddede BdXXcaddd BXbabdfef a X ebebgg ahahii ccccfX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 1,9,9,9,1,1,6,6,6,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: ballad stanza
- Metre: 110 11 010101 011101001 01011111 01011101 01010101 01110101 11011101 1010101 11 100101 0101010 01111111 11110101 01010100 01011111 10010101 01010111 11 010101 01010111 01010101 11010001 11001101 01010101 11010101 11011101 110 1 1111010101 1101010101 1101010101 0111111111 0111100101 1101111101 1111010101 1001010101 1001010001 11110100101 0111110001 0101010101 1111011101 1111011001 1111000101 1101011101 0111111111 10111011101100
- Amount of stanzas: 9
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 189
- Average number of words per stanza: 37
- Amount of lines: 49
- Average number of symbols per line: 34 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 7
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Game Called;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Henry Grantland Rice
- Analysis of Two Sides Of War (All Wars)
- Analysis of Casey's Revenge
- Analysis of Whatever Odds There Are