This is an analysis of the poem My Spirit On Thy Care that begins with:
My spirit on Thy care,
Blest Savior, I recline;... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abab cccc dede fgfg
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,4,4,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: rima
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 110111 110101 11111001 111101 011111 111101 11101111 111101 100101 101101 10111111 110101 101101 010011 01010101 010101
- Amount of stanzas: 4
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 109
- Average number of words per stanza: 23
- Amount of lines: 16
- Average number of symbols per line: 26 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; thee, i are repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in it:
- summary of My Spirit On Thy Care;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.