This is an analysis of the poem A Welcome From The 'Johnson Club' that begins with:
To William John Courthope, _March 12, 1903_
When Pope came back from Trojan wars once more,... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: X aaaa XXbb ccddaaee ffccXgeeggXdd
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 1,4,4,8,13,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: couplets
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: heroic couplets
- Metre: 010110111 1111010111 1101011101 1101100111 11011110111 1111001101 1111110101 1111011101 1101011101 1011111101 1100010101 1101110111 0101000101 1101100111 0111011101 1011101111 0101010101 0011110001 0101000101 0101010101 1011110111 1101010110 1001011101 1000110111 1101000101 1001010001 1101010011 1111110001 1111010111
- Amount of stanzas: 6
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 207
- Average number of words per stanza: 39
- Amount of lines: 29
- Average number of symbols per line: 42 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 8
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; by, or are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word the is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of A Welcome From The 'Johnson Club';
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.