This is an analysis of the poem Le Bataillon Scolaire that begins with:
Petits enfants, petits soldats,
Qui marchez comme de vieux braves,...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: Xaba XXXX XXbX XXXX XXbb XXXX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,4,4,4,4,
- Closest metre: trochaic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 10101010 1101011 10111011 11101111 10101010 1110110 1100110 1101011 11011101 1101100 10011111 01011100 11011010 0111100 110100111 11110 11011010 0100010 11001101 01010011 11001010 1110110 1010111 0101101
- Amount of stanzas: 7
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 108
- Average number of words per stanza: 20
- Amount of lines: 25
- Average number of symbols per line: 29 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 5
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Le Bataillon Scolaire;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.