This is an analysis of the poem Remords that begins with:
L’Église spectrale était en Gala.
Dans un froufrou, les femmes passaient vite....
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XXXX XXXX XXXX XXXX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,4,4,
- Closest metre: trochaic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 1101110 1110110101 1111111 1001110000 1111101100 10111110 1101111100 11110111100 111011111 1111011000 1111010 11111011 11111111111 1110111110 1111111111 111111001
- Amount of stanzas: 4
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 159
- Average number of words per stanza: 30
- Amount of lines: 16
- Average number of symbols per line: 39 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 7
Mood of the speaker:
There are many exclamation marks in the poem. The speaker is excited. He or she has strong feelings on the subject that is described in the poem.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; l, oh, je, un are repeated.
There is a poetic device epiphora at the end of some neighboring lines vite is repeated).
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Remords;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.