This is an analysis of the poem Lines Written On The Pillar Erecting To The Memory Of Mr. Barlow that begins with:
Minister of the United States at Paris, WHO DIED AT NAROWITCH IN POLAND, ON HIS RETURN
FROM WILNA, DEC. 26, 1812.... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XX aabbaXccdd eeaaeeffgg
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 2,10,10,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: couplets
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: heroic couplets
- Metre: 1000001011101111000101001 010111 11001010101 0101010101 1011011111 1001110101 110010101001 1001010110 1101011111 1111011101 11110011101 1101010101 10010101001 1011011111 11110101111 0101010101 1101010001 01010010101 11010101001 1101010111 11010010101 1101010101
- Amount of stanzas: 3
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 326
- Average number of words per stanza: 58
- Amount of lines: 23
- Average number of symbols per line: 42 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 8
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Lines Written On The Pillar Erecting To The Memory Of Mr. Barlow;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Helen Maria Williams
- Analysis of Hymn, Imitated From The French
- Analysis of Lines Written In An Album
- Analysis of Lines On The Tomb Of A Favorite Dog