This is an analysis of the poem Sandpipers that begins with:
MORNING on the misty highlands,
On the outer shining islands;...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aabcbcdd aaeeXf fX aaXgga XXhhh XXaX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 8,6,2,6,5,4,
- Closest metre: trochaic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: couplets
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 10101010 10101010 11111010 0010101 11001010 1110101 1010101 1010101 11101010 00111010 00100001 1000101 1010101 1111101 1011111 1010111 10101010 10101010 11100010 0010001 1010101 10101110 11101100 101010100 1011111 1010101 10100101 1010111 11111010 10001010 1010111
- Amount of stanzas: 6
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 165
- Average number of words per stanza: 30
- Amount of lines: 32
- Average number of symbols per line: 30 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; weet, and are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word of is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Sandpipers;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.