This is an analysis of the poem The Gospel Of Mystery that begins with:
Good tidings every day,
God's messengers ride fast.... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: AbaCb dedde fdffd ggggg fgffg ggggg bhbbhXAbaCb
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 5,5,5,5,5,5,11,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: ballad stanza
- Metre: 0101001 110011 11111111 10111011 11111111 110111 010111 11011101 11100101 11101111 110101 1111010 11010101 11011111 111100010 111101 010101 11111111 11001111 01010100 110101 111101 11010001 11100111 01010101 100101 111001 11111001 11011110 01001101 110101 110100 11010101 100010001 11000100 0101001 010011 10011111 10111011 11111111
- Amount of stanzas: 8
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 155
- Average number of words per stanza: 29
- Amount of lines: 40
- Average number of symbols per line: 30 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; no, of are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same words their, no are repeated.
The author used the same word their at the beginnings of some neighboring stanzas. The figure of speech is a kind of anaphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of The Gospel Of Mystery;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.