This is an analysis of the poem Draxy's Hymn that begins with:
I cannot think but God must know
About the thing I long for so;... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aabbaa ccaXddcc eeffbbee
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 6,8,8,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: couplets
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 11011111 01011111 11101011 11011101 11011101 10011111 11110111 01110111 11111111 00010101 11011111 11110111 01010111 11111111 11111111 01111111 10111011 1111101 11110101 11111111 11010111 01011111
- Amount of stanzas: 3
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 255
- Average number of words per stanza: 56
- Amount of lines: 22
- Average number of symbols per line: 34 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 8
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; i, so, to, it are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word i is repeated.
The author used the same word i at the beginnings of some neighboring stanzas. The figure of speech is a kind of anaphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Draxy's Hymn;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.