This is an analysis of the poem Doubt that begins with:
1 They bade me cast the thing away,
2 They pointed to my hands all bleeding,... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abbaaa cddccc aeeaaa
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 6,6,6,
- Closest metre: trochaic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: enclosed rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 111110101 1110011110 1110101110 101111111 111111101 101111101 111011101 1010111110 1011101110 101011111 111001101 111011101 111111101 1111111110 1010111110 101110101 110011111 111011101
- Amount of stanzas: 3
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 255
- Average number of words per stanza: 50
- Amount of lines: 18
- Average number of symbols per line: 42 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 8
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; they, i, if are repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Doubt;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.