This is an analysis of the poem Best that begins with:
Mother, I see you with your nursery light,
Leading your babies, all in white,... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aaaaA bbaba ccXXA ddadA bbXca eeaea
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 5,5,5,5,5,5,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: limerick
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 10111011001 10110101 0111 1001010101 1101 1101111101 1100111111 1111 10100101111 1111 1101100111 111101001 1110 1101110101 1101 1110111101 110110101 1101 101101011 1101 111011101 110111001 0110 1101010100 11101 110101101 11111100 1101 11111111011 1001
- Amount of stanzas: 6
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 162
- Average number of words per stanza: 31
- Amount of lines: 30
- Average number of symbols per line: 32 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; and is repeated.
The author used the same word you at the beginnings of some neighboring stanzas. The figure of speech is a kind of anaphora.
The poet repeated the same word best at the end of some neighboring stanzas. The poetic device is a kind of epiphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Best;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.