This is an analysis of the poem At Last that begins with:
O the years I lost before I knew you,
Love!... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: ababcdcd ebebfafa XbXbghgh ibibjjj ebebklkl fbfbmdmd
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 8,8,8,7,8,8,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 1001101111 1 1011111101 1 1111010101 11 0111101101 1111 01111111010 1 1101001010 1 1111110111 01 1111010101 1111 010110010011 1 01011111110 1 1100110101 01 1111010111 1101 01001100010 1 0100101001010 1 11 0111111101 1101 11011111110 1 10010011110 1 0101011111 00 1100101101 1101 11111001010 1 11011111010 1 00010011101 10 0101110101 0101
- Amount of stanzas: 6
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 202
- Average number of words per stanza: 39
- Amount of lines: 47
- Average number of symbols per line: 25 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 5
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; i is repeated.
The author used the same word if at the beginnings of some neighboring stanzas. The figure of speech is a kind of anaphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of At Last;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.