This is an analysis of the poem Take Me Under Your Wing that begins with:
Take me under your wing,
be my mother, my sister....
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: ABCC bddd cede XcdcXABCC
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,4,9,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 111011 0110110 111011 1101011 11001110 111111 11101001 11111 1001010 1101101 11101001 111111 1101101 110101 111011001 101011 111011 0110110 111011 1101011
- Amount of stanzas: 5
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 117
- Average number of words per stanza: 23
- Amount of lines: 20
- Average number of symbols per line: 28 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; my, your are repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Take Me Under Your Wing;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.