This is an analysis of the poem Invocation To The Mad Queen that begins with:
I would you were the hollow ship
fashioned to bear the cargo of my love... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XaabbXccXdXdBbBbbXb
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 19,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: couplets
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 11100101 1001011011 010101 1001011101 11110101 0101010101 1110010101 1011010101 1001 11010 01110 01010 1101 11100101001 1101 1101010101 1011 11000 10001
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 517
- Average number of words per stanza: 102
- Amount of lines: 19
- Average number of symbols per line: 26 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 5
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Invocation To The Mad Queen;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.