This is an analysis of the poem Firebrand that begins with:
What is your feeling about the revolutionary spirit ofyour age, as expressed, for instance, in such movements as communism, surrealism,... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XXXX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,
- Closest metre: trochaic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 101100101010101010110111001101101001010100 1101010100111011101001010100100011011000110001 1101 111101
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 395
- Average number of words per stanza: 55
- Amount of lines: 4
- Average number of symbols per line: 98 (very long strings)
- Average number of words per line: 14
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; as is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Firebrand;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.