This is an analysis of the poem Carrier Letter that begins with:
My hands have not touched water since your hands, -
No; - nor my lips freed laughter since 'farewell'.... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aXaX bcbc
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: rima
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: ottava rima
- Metre: 1111110111 11111101100 1001100101 0111011111 11101011101 01011011111 0101001011 1001111111
- Amount of stanzas: 2
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 190
- Average number of words per stanza: 33
- Amount of lines: 8
- Average number of symbols per line: 47 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 8
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in it:
- summary of Carrier Letter;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.