This is an analysis of the poem Ved Adam Oehlenschlägers Død that begins with:
Ak, det herlige Lys er slukket,
stum er den mægtigste Harpe i Nord!...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XXXX abaX XXXX XbXb XXXX XXXX XXXX XXXX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,4,4,4,4,4,4,
- Closest metre: trochaic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 11101010 1011111 10111110 10101111 1011111011 10111011 1011111001 1111101 11111001 111110001 10111000 11111101 100101011 1111011 101101011 1011101 100101010 110101101 10111101 1010101 101111011 11111001 10110111 101101101 10110101 101111001 1001111 10011110 1111111 10111011 1010101 1101101
- Amount of stanzas: 8
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 140
- Average number of words per stanza: 26
- Amount of lines: 32
- Average number of symbols per line: 34 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
There are many exclamation marks in the poem. The speaker is excited. He or she has strong feelings on the subject that is described in the poem.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; hans, de are repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Ved Adam Oehlenschlägers Død;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Hans Vilhelm Kaalund
- Analysis of Schack Staffeldt
- Analysis of Hvor Skal Jeg Søge Sandhed?
- Analysis of Hilsen Til Thorvaldsen