This is an analysis of the poem Til Adam Oehlenschläger that begins with:
Nordens Homeros! Hvad kan jeg Dig sige,
som alt ej Tusind har sagt?...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XXXXXaXa XXXXXXXX XXXXXXXX XaXXXbXb XXXXbXXX XXXXXXXX XXXXXXXX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 8,8,8,8,8,8,8,
- Closest metre: trochaic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 1010011111 1111011 0111101001 1111010 111011010 101111 11111111110 1011011 1111111001 111001 1011011111 1011011 10110110110 101001 11110010110 10011 101111110 10101 1001011011 110011 1010111 101111 1011011111 1011001 111111111 1111111 1011011011 1111011 111101011 10111111 1111101 101100 1011111001 1110001 111111111 1111011 1111101 1111111 110111111 10111 10110111110 111111111 1111000 1110011 10111110110 1110111 111101100 101001 110111110 1111101 10111110 1010101 11111110010 111101 01111110 1011011
- Amount of stanzas: 7
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 269
- Average number of words per stanza: 54
- Amount of lines: 56
- Average number of symbols per line: 33 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 7
Mood of the speaker:
There are many exclamation marks in the poem. The speaker is excited. He or she has strong feelings on the subject that is described in the poem.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; jeg, d, ham are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same words fulgt, nu are repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in it:
- summary of Til Adam Oehlenschläger;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.