This is an analysis of the poem Rotterne that begins with:
Rotte, Du Tyv, hvor kunde Du flytte
Æggene bort fra mit Fad, min Bøtte,...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XXaaXX bbXXXX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 6,6,
- Closest metre: trochaic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 1011101 111111111 10011101 10111111 10110110 11111000 11110111 101111 11011101 1111101 1011110110 111101110
- Amount of stanzas: 2
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 200
- Average number of words per stanza: 41
- Amount of lines: 12
- Average number of symbols per line: 32 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 7
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; du is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Rotterne;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.