This is an analysis of the poem Hundehvalpen that begins with:
Den var saa buttet, saa trind og blød,
Dens lille Snude var rosenrød;...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XXXXXXaaXXXX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 12,
- Closest metre: trochaic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 111101111 111110 11111101 1111101100 11111111 111100 11011111 1111011 111101111 111101010 110111111 111101101
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 422
- Average number of words per stanza: 88
- Amount of lines: 12
- Average number of symbols per line: 34 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 7
Mood of the speaker:
There are many exclamation marks in the poem. The speaker is excited. He or she has strong feelings on the subject that is described in the poem.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; den is repeated.
There is a poetic device epiphora at the end of some neighboring lines d is repeated).
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Hundehvalpen;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.